Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Straight into the bone


Song of the Moment:  Crashdiet's "California"

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom."-Thomas Carlyle

There are some days when no matter how much I want to put my all into everything I have going on I am just too burnt out to function.  Between my day job, my car getting stolen and everything I have been taking on in my writing there have been a lot of those days lately.  A long three day nap sounds amazing!  This drawn out Michigan Winter isn't helping either.  Haven't seen much quantity but it feels like it has snowed for three solid months.

There are a lot of perks to being a writer, particularly in the music journalism world, but there is also a lot of hard work involved that I don't think a lot of people realize.  However, when I am in a funk my friends and family always come through with a laugh, a helping hand or whatever I need to keep me going.  Having said that, I just want to thank Angie for our chat today and Crashdiet's, Martin Sweet, who helped me capture that energy that was sorely lacking at the beginning of my interview with him.  Crashdiet is going to be bringing their sleaze/glam rock to the Pike Room in Pontiac on April 5.  They are definitely worth checking out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment