Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I adore the despair in your eyes

Song of the Moment:  HIM's "Gone With The Sin"



Here we are officially into Spring but with the weather you wouldn't know it.  Michigan weather is always all over the place but it seems like this year it has been taking it to a whole new level!  I am definitely more than ready to see the cold and snow go away and my sinuses agree!

It's been a mixed bag kind of a day as I finally scored the interview I've been trying for for over four years but kicked off the day with the news of a old friend of mine losing her baby.  It's hard when all you can offer are some cliched words of sympathy but she has a lot of family and friends around her so hopefully it is helping.

When I finally started using my Communications/English degree five years ago I set a number of goals for myself and I've been lucky enough to cross off most of my list and today was one of those times.  HIM's Ville Valo has been one of my favorite singers for years and I had been trying to secure a interview since they were last in the U.S. four years ago.  It took awhile but it finally happened and it's one more step on my road to making my writing passion a full-time thing rather than something I do on the side of my full time job.  It was the first time I've really been nervous for a interview but Ville is one of those people who can immediately put you at ease and it wasn't long before my reporter instincts kicked in and I think it ended up turning out rather well.


http://www.examiner.com/article/him-s-ville-valo-eager-to-tour-and-ready-for-release-of-tears-on-tape

No comments:

Post a Comment